As suggested by Mr. Skerritt at CSS…
- Cellular Biology Resource This is a comprehensive site which covers the vast majority of areas we will be dealing with in this unit.
- Biology Online Provides information on the cell and cell organelles. It also provides a comprehensive scientific dictionary.
- General A good general source for the whole course.
- Cell Membrane Excellent site dealing with the cell membrane.
- Photosynthesis An enormous site on photosynthesis with pictures and links.
- Bacteria This is an entire textbook online. Everything you wanted to know and sooooooooo much more.
- Virus Text Another online text dealing with viruses.
Plant Structure and Function
- Web to any Taxon This will allow you to research almost any plant species.
- Plant Structures Pictures, diagrams and explanations of the various parts.
- Life Cycle General plant life cycle diagram.
- Tropisms Good general overview with time elapsed photos.
Animal Anatomy and Function
- Web Anatomy Great for tests! Has diagrams and quizzes.
- Homeostasis Good explanations with lots of examples.
- Merck Manual Every conceivable disorder broken down into divisions.
- Web to any Taxon This will allow you to research almost any organism.
- Fish Classification A good source of information for your research.
- Bioamplification A source on some of the effects of bioamplification on the Great Lakes (PDF file).
- For Pesticides
- Against Pesticides
- Biogeochemical Cycles Nice description and provides links to each cycle.
- Canadian Biomes Simple and to the point.
- Population Dynamics A good resource – somewhat technical but ignore those parts.